We invite members of RTB’s Scholar Community to apply for participation in the Visiting Scholar program. Qualified candidates share our commitment to engage in reputable scholarship and to actively share the gospel of Jesus Christ with STEMM professionals.
Visiting Scholars come to RTB headquarters and enter into an extended collaboration with RTB’s staff scholars. These strategic scholar-evangelists use their own expertise to engage in various projects to add depth and scope to the ministry’s resources.
Qualifications to Apply to Become a Visiting Scholar
- PhD or equivalent
- Desire to engage in a deeper collaboration with RTB and help us develop new resources in your area of expertise
- Heart of an evangelist who actively shares their faith (or wants to improve their efforts to share their faith) with STEMM-trained/influenced seekers and Christians
- Hold personal beliefs consistent with RTB’s Mission & Beliefs, as well as the Chicago Statements on Inerrancy and Hermeneutics
- Practice life behaviors consistent with RTB’s standard of conduct, including displaying personal character consistent with 1 Peter 3:15–16
What Do Visiting Scholars Do?
- Contribute to the Voices blog on RTB’s website
- Record podcasts and videos on various topics of interest
- Make a guest appearance on our 28:19 television show
- Participate in speaking engagements with local RTB chapters and staff
- Have the opportunity to consult directly with RTB scholars about areas of science-faith research that interest you
Benefits of Coming as a Visiting Scholar
- Enjoy a 1- or 2-week visit to RTB’s headquarters in Covina, CA
- Receive reimbursement for travel and food expenses
- Use a fully furnished office at RTB headquarters
- Build relationships with the RTB scholars and staff
- Grow in your understanding of Christian apologetics and apply it to your discipline
- Stay in our fully furnished, 1,683-square-foot townhome just a few miles away from RTB headquarters
If you would like more information about the Visiting Scholar Program, please contact our Scholar Community Assistant.