When most people think about New Year’s resolutions things like diet and exercise usually come to mind. However, there is another important sphere of life that needs reflection and discipline—the mind. Undoubtedly, everyone can benefit as much from mental exercise and a healthy consumption of good books, as from physical exertion and good eating habits. After all, the Lord Jesus Christ called his disciples to love God with all of their being, which includes the gift of the mind (Matthew 22:37).
In the spirit of encouraging healthy mental habits in the new year and equipping Christians to grow intellectually as well as spiritually in their faith, RTB theologian and avid reader Kenneth Samples offers several challenging intellectual resolutions, including reading lists, for your New Year’s consideration.
- “Are You a Renaissance Christian? Part 1 and Part 2” (podcasts)
- “IDEAS: 5 Ways to Enhance Brain-Mind Power” (article)
- “Christianity and the Life of the Mind” (podcast)
- “Passing on the Life of the Mind” (podcast)
- “10 Influential Theological Books, Part 1 and Part 2” (articles)
- “Six Classic Christian Books to Read” (article)
- “RTB Apologetics Reading List” (article)
RTB’s mission is to spread the Christian Gospel by demonstrating that sound reason and scientific research—including the very latest discoveries—consistently support, rather than erode, confidence in the truth of the Bible and faith in the personal, transcendent God revealed in both Scripture and nature.