The Apologetics Community is a network of lay-evangelists who play a vital part in RTB’s ministry on a grassroots level. Our goal is to recruit, train, and release its members to bring new reasons to believe in the God of the Bible to STEMM-oriented skeptics, seekers, and Christians who need this transformational message.
We provide courses (through Reasons Institute) and ongoing training to encourage Christians to use apologetics in evangelism. Members then use this education to engage non-Christians in science-faith conversations in their local context. Examples include leading apologetics-oriented small groups, doing evangelism via social media, online study groups, running amateur astronomy clubs, and participating in campus ministries such as Ratio Christi.
Would you like to join us? We are always looking to partner with like-minded Christians in this important endeavor to bring the gospel to the ends of the earth. Here are some things you need to know.
Qualifications for Membership to the RTB Apologetics Community
- Have the heart of an evangelist who actively shares their faith with STEMM-trained/influenced seekers and Christians
- Display virtuous character traits consistent with 1 Peter 3:15–16
- Desire to explore connections between science and the Christian faith within an old-earth creation context
- Complete coursework for the Basic Certificate in Science Apologetics through Reasons Institute:
- Creation and the Bible (required)
- Creation vs. Evolution OR Astronomy and Design (your choice)
- Hold personal beliefs consistent with RTB’s Mission & Beliefs, as well as the Chicago Statements on Inerrancy and Hermeneutics
- Practice life behaviors consistent with RTB’s standard of conduct
Benefits of Membership in the RTB Apologetics Community
- World-class training in science apologetics through Reasons Institute
- Live staff scholar calls, which includes the opportunity to hear the latest in ministry developments, books to be released, and interact directly with RTB staff scholars
- Workshops that equip members with practical ministry skills to help improve their efforts as a lay-evangelist
- Access to the RTB Apologetics Community online group, an online network of Community members working to bring STEMM-oriented people closer to Christ
- Discounts on RTB resources
What Do RTB Apologetics Community Members Do?
- Raise awareness about RTB resources by using them to engage in personal evangelism.
- Network with other Christians who are engaged in science-faith conversations.
- Assist RTB in practical ways, such as writing book reviews on Amazon, answering apologetics questions that come into the ministry, and being a presence at outreach events, both in-person and online.
If you would like more information about the Apologetics Community, please complete this interest form.