The Apologetics Community is a network of lay-evangelists who play a vital part in RTB’s ministry on a grass roots level. Our goal is to recruit, train and release its members to bring new reasons to believe in the God of the Bible to STEMM oriented seekers and Christians who need this transformational message.
We provide courses (through Reasons Institute) and on-going training to encourage Christians to use apologetics in evangelism. Members then use this education to engage non-Christians in science-faith conversations in their local context. Examples include leading apologetics-oriented small groups, doing evangelism via online message boards, running amateur astronomy clubs, and participating in campus ministries such as Ratio Christi.
Would you like to join us? We are always looking to partner with like-minded Christians in this important endeavor to bring the Gospel to the ends of the earth. Here are some things you need to know.
Qualifications for Membership to the RTB Apologetics Community
- Has the heart of an evangelist who actively shares their faith with STEMM trained/influenced seekers and Christians
- Displays personal character consistent with 1 Peter 3:15–16
- Desires to explore connections between science and the Christian faith within an old-earth creation context
- Completed coursework for the Basic Certificate in Science Apologetics through Reasons Institute:
- Holds personal beliefs consistent with RTB’s Mission & Beliefs, as well as the Chicago Statements on Inerrancy and Hermeneutics
- Practices life behaviors consistent with RTB’s standard of conduct
Benefits of Membership in the Apologetics Community
- World-class training in science apologetics through Reasons Institute
- Live scholar calls, which includes the opportunity to hear the latest in ministry developments and interact directly with RTB scholars
- Workshops that give members practical ministry skills to help improve their efforts as a lay-evangelist.
- Access to the Apologetics Community Google group, an online network of Community members
- Discounts on RTB resources
What do Apologetics Community Members do?
- Raise awareness about RTB resources by using them to engage in personal evangelism
- Network with other Christians who are engaged in science-faith conversations
- Assist RTB in practical ways, such as writing book reviews on amazon, answering apologetics questions that come into the ministry and helping at book tables at local outreach events.
If you would like more information about the Apologetics Community, please complete this interest form.