By Krista Bontrager and Sandra Dimas
Have you discovered RTB’s newest endeavor? It’s a brand-new video podcast (or vodcast) called 28:19. The title of the show is a nod to the Great Commission given in Matthew 28:19, “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”
Our goal is to inspire people like YOU—our faithful chapter members—to actively share the gospel with nonbelievers in an entertaining and educational format.
The show is broken up into several segments, each created with its own unique audience and purpose in mind. Here are just a few:
- In our “Give and Take” segment, host Jeff Zweerink talks with RTB scholars about common science-faith questions. They might also highlight a recent scholar blog post or book project. So, if you’re a hardcore RTB fan, this is the segment for you. This is also a great segment to share with others who love science—either believers or sincere seekers.
- “RTB 101” asks some common faith questions. We also share evangelism tips and help parents incorporate apologetics into their discussions with their children.
- The “Culture Talk” segment dives into books, movies, comics, TV, and what people are talking about on social media. We want to explore connections between pop culture and faith, similar to how we build bridges connecting science and faith.
We hope that our chapters will make use of this valuable new resource. Here are a few ideas.
- Watch full episodes together as a chapter, followed by a time of Q&A.
- Watch one segment of the show. You could also watch a few segments centered on a specific theme.
- Share 28:19 on your chapter or personal social media pages. You can share full episodes or individual segments. Get some activity on your pages and help us spread the word.
Speaking of social media, be sure to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We’re @28:19Show.
Finally, if you have any ideas or topics you want us to address, let us know! Send us your pitch via social media. We want to hear from you. We also want to hear what you’re enjoying about the show and how you’re using it in your personal ministry.
The good news of the gospel is too good to keep to ourselves. It’s our hope that 28:19 will inspire your chapter members to step into some new conversations with nonbelievers with courage and compassion.